Fikon's Application (ACCEPTED)

Applications and recruitment information.

Fikon's Application (ACCEPTED)

Postby Fikon » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:01 am

Welcome to the Knights of the Runes application page. KoTR’s current raiding goals are to progress through WotLK. 25-man raids are Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday, starting promptly at 7:30pm, and ending around 10:30pm, server time (US Mountain Time). Applicants who cannot raid during these times are still encouraged to apply, as this schedule is flexible and subject to change. Please answer the following questions to the best of your ability and an officer will contact you in game as soon as possible.

Main Character Information

Name: Fikon
Class: Warrior
Armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... b&cn=Fikon
Spec: prot main / fury OS
/Played?: >100 days
Professions: 450 BS / 450 Mining
450 First Aid?: Yep
Briefly describe your play style, and why you chose your current spec:
I've always enjoyed tanking because of the challenge and recognition for doing it well; playing with my fury dps spec recently has also been enjoyable.
In order to help the raid be successful, would you be willing to respec?
For sure; either prot or fury dps would work. Both sets are up to par. prot = 5.9k GS and fury is around 5.5k GS.
Experience

How old are you?: 35
When did you start playing WoW?: shortly after it came out years back.
What Pre-WotLK raid content have you sucessfully completed?
all classic raids and most BC raids. i only need black temple and sunwell to finish off my BS raid achievement.
What raid content have you successfully completed thus far in WotLK?
10/25 ToC. 10ToGC up to Anub. 10/12 in ICC10. 5/12 in ICC25.
About you

How many hours per week do you play WoW?
I log on around 8pm server and play for ~3.5 hours a night probably 5 or 6 nights a week. So that turns out to be around 18-20 hours.
What time of day do you generally play?
Evenings after 8pm.
What other guilds have you been in and what were your reasons for leaving?
I transferred to this server a few weeks back and joined Section Nine a few days ago, but am not seeing much raiding activity. I transferred to this server because it is in my timezone and was looking for a server that would have more players (and guilds) on and raiding during times I was online.
Are you able to farm for repair gold, guild materials, pots, and food during non-raid hours?
Yup. I've always contributed to the GB and in helping other members out.
Are you able to install and operate mods like Omen, and Deadly Boss Mods, as well as use TeamSpeak?
Of course. I already have DBM and Omen along with several other AddOns and could easily DL TeamSpeak.
Would you consider yourself a leader in 5-man groups - marking targets, explaining encounters, and assigning responsibilities to group members? Or do you prefer a support role, and would rather listen to instructions?
Honestly, I've filled all of these roles. I lead groups when I have the necessary experience to do so and I listen to instructions if I am unfamiliar with the encounter(s).
Are you willing to work with the guild’s class leaders to increase your overall raid performance?
For sure.
Do you currently, or are you willing to research your class role in an encounter prior to a scheduled raid?
Yup, I enjoy figuring out how to maximize my play.
What are your raiding goals in WoW?
I enjoy progression and working towards a common goal. At the moment, that's downing the LK!

Hardware specs:
I have a new comp and very good connection. I'm always at 60FPS during raids and

The content this guild is currently raiding requires that all members of the raid have a stable internet connection, and be able to maintain an acceptable frame rate (10-15 FPS absolute minimum during heavy combat). Please list your:

System Manufacturer: Gateway
System Model: FX6800-01e
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 3062MB RAM
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4850
If you do not know what your connection is:
Go HERE for a test, pick a server as close to where you are as possible. If this doesn't work for you, go HERE instead. Post your result.
My connection tested @ 5509.6Kbits

I'm a friendly mature player looking for a progression raiding guild with other cool mature friendly players!
Fikon
Wannabe

Re: Fikon's Application

Postby passion » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:56 pm

I like your app and an officer should get back with you once the game's back up. Please note that we currently have some trouble filling our raids on some nights. We generally try to do something fun as a guild but are not always able to do so.
passion
Salty

Postby Nymphes » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:43 pm

Hey looks like a mature player, i like his application, and we always need poeple to fill out icc 10 when everyone is saved =S hope we can meet in game!
Mr. T Likes Apple Pie and Kraft Dinner!!!!
Nymphes
Super Cute Uber Men

Postby Fikon » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:42 pm

Cool. thanks for the responses guys. I understand it can be hard to fill raids sometimes and all guilds go thru ups and downs. I'm always up for doin fun stuff as a guild. As long as it's with cool people you get along with, it doesn't always matter what the content is. Under-manning old content on an off-night can be just as much fun as progression raiding. It's all good. 8)
I've PUGed a few raids with KotR members in them since I transfered a few weeks back, and all have seemed cool so far.
Fikon
Wannabe

Postby passion » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:50 am

Whisper me or an officer when you're online and you can get an invite as an initiate.
passion
Salty

Return to Recruiting