Application from Traxex

Applications and recruitment information.

Application from Traxex

Postby traxex » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:17 pm

Main Character Information

Name:
Traxex

Class:
Warrior

Armory:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... b&n=traxex

Spec:
*Prot - 15/3/53
Main spec used to be Main Tank for single target maximum threat & survivability. I chose this spec for the most single-target TPS (which matters in raids on boss fights like for Lady Death or Lich King) With a 5825GS I can do 9-15k TPS in a 10 man, and close to 12-22k TPS in 25 man.

*Prot - 15/3/53
AoE spec used to be the OT and used to give me as a warrior the tank the edge in AoE Tanking on fights like Lich King on Shambling Horrors (if the OT can't do it) or Gunship with multiple spawning adds.

This spec also makes doing heroics much easier with improved Thunderclap and glyph of cleaving.

I open with Mocking Blow for initial threat aggro because of the 6 seconds it allows for the target to focus on me then I follow up with Shield Block + Shield Slam.

my top 3 priority rotation is:
Revenge
Shield Slam
Devastate

/Played?:
85 Days

Professions:
450Mining & Blacksmithing

450 First Aid?:
Yes

Briefly describe your play style, and why you chose your current spec:

In order to help the raid be successful, would you be willing to respec?
Yes, most definitely.

Experience
11/12 icc10 | 6/12 icc25

How old are you?:

When did you start playing WoW?:
I began playing this game when WotLK was released. I began leveling up while Naxx was still "The Raid" and hit 80 when Ulduar was released. I didn't start focusing on raiding till Pre-ToC.
So I have never really done BC/ pre-BC content they way they were meant to be done at level 60/70

What Pre-WotLK raid content have you sucessfully completed?
I've done quite a few for achievements, I'm missing AQ from Pre-BC
I'm missing about 3 raids from BC

What raid content have you successfully completed thus far in WotLK?
Naxxaramas 10
Ulduar 10/25 Normal, Some Hard Modes done
EoE 10/25 - Always pugged it
ToC 10/25 - Full Clear. Missing a few achievements
ToGC 10/25 - In 10 I've been up to Anub. In 25, I haven't past Lord Jaraxx
ICC 10/25 - 10 Lead up to LK Normal, 25 to Plagueworks

About you

How many hours per week do you play WoW?
I only play from 6-10:30 servertime
and a few hours casually in-between

What time of day do you generally play?
Evening time

What other guilds have you been in and what were your reasons for leaving?
My most recent guild was with Fate. I ended up taking a break from the game once the guild began slowing down in progression from a 10man guild to a 25man guild over 2 months.

Are you able to farm for repair gold, guild materials, pots, and food during non-raid hours?
That's exactly what I do when I casually play before 6

Are you able to install and operate mods like Omen, and Deadly Boss Mods, as well as use TeamSpeak?
I currently use
-DBM
-Omen
-Bartender
-Pitbull
-Grid
-Miks Combat Text
-Satrina's buff frames
I've used teamspeak once.

Would you consider yourself a leader in 5-man groups - marking targets, explaining encounters, and assigning responsibilities to group members? Or do you prefer a support role, and would rather listen to instructions?
I would say so. I am the tank of the group so I feel I'm by default the leader of the group. For most dungeons, I don't have to. For a dungeon like HoR, I have directions for my group because I have a strat that I came up with that nobody really knows yet.

Are you willing to work with the guild’s class leaders to increase your overall raid performance?
It's what I expect from everybody in a guild to do, so Yes I wouldn't mind sitting down for an hour to talk about what we could do better for next week/time.

Do you currently, or are you willing to research your class role in an encounter prior to a scheduled raid?
Yes I do research my content prior the of the raid. Not only do I research fights days before the raid, but I take the time to go beyond what most players do as research. I do take the initiative to sit a few days in advance to read on forums, Research Mechanics on WoWhead, Watch on Youtube with different perspectives uploaded not only by tankspot. Then, if I do happen have any questions I will not hesitate to ask what "X, Y, or Z" meant.

What are your raiding goals in WoW?
Currently, because I have been so limited to content, My only focus is to kill Lich King. I have sat a whole month without doing a full icc10 run because the guild and I were saved on LK, but never took the 2 days out of the week to sit and dedicate the time to learn the fight.

Hardware specs

The content this guild is currently raiding requires that all members of the raid have a stable internet connection, and be able to maintain an acceptable frame rate (10-15 FPS absolute minimum during heavy combat). Please list your:

CPU speed: Intel Quad @2.40
System memory: 3gb
Video card model and memory: Ati Radeon 128 mb (ranges from 30 - 70 fps)
Connection type and speed: 6mbps hardwired
traxex
Zorock

Re: Application from Traxex

Postby traxex » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:23 pm

I forgot to answer

Briefly describe your play style, and why you chose your current spec:
(Not sure what this question is asking exactly)

Before choosing this character and playing this game, I heard that Warrior tanks were extremely powerful tanks, but challenging compared to other classes. I decided to take that challenge and learn to play an underrated class. To this day, I find myself extremely knowledgeable about my class and constantly going against the sterotypes most players see in Warrior tanks as being bad at "X, Y, Z"

Ever since I leveled to 80 I have always used epic gems on all my gear (Yes even the blue ones). I'm exalted with all the factions I need to have all the best available enchants i need from NPCs. I am always gemming/enchanting my gear the minute my step out of the raid.

I use my mouse to turn + keyboard to run & strafe.
traxex
Zorock

Return to Recruiting