Cataclysm Raiding Roster

Applications and recruitment information.

Cataclysm Raiding Roster

Postby Maritime » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 pm

Hey all!

Per tonight's meeting on TS, we are going to put our focus on 10 mans, and make an attempt to have 3 teams running. The first thing we need to do is get information from you about your raid-ready (or raid-readyable) toons, when and how often you'd like to raid, etc. If you've got multiple toons, please indicate who you'd like prefer to be your main and spec, and how willing you'd be to switch to another toon/spec to fulfill a needed role. If you're already in Deeb's group please still post here so I can have a complete roster. Also feel free to just /w me in game and I'll update your info here. Also just give me a quick nod if you don't intend to raid, or if you'd like to raid but would prefer to just fill an empty slot when the chance arises.

Once we get enough data I'll make a google spreadsheet and link it here. If some obvious groupings take shape, I will try to make raid teams. Please note that these will be rough drafts, with no commitment on anyones parts.

-M-

P.S. If I failed to ask for some information here that you think we need, please let me know.

Update 2011-01-18

Okay, here's the first pass at splitting us into 3 teams, given what I've been told so far. Please note that this is just a rough draft. Nothing is final!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... ey=CM-p7Hc

I built team Flyover based on info given and looking at who contributed to the most recent kills on the World of Logs page.

We have a pretty even spread between people being able to start at 5, 6, 7, and 8, so the first thing I did was split those not on Timely into East and West teams. I am assuming 6 and 8 start times for those. If you didn't specify preferred start times, I grouped you to round out the teams. So Kevin tanks in the East, Kordic fills out a needed melee slot in the east, and Icymana goes ranged in the West. I put Bigknapsty on the east time, but that will only work if that team chooses days that don't conflict with Flyover's days. He should probably be considered a floater.

Issues so far:
    East needs healers.
    West has alot of melee, which I understand can be a problem for some of the encounters.
    Terrible team names.

Update 2011-01-26

I created a floater group for people that would like to raid but can't commit to a particular schedule.

We did a little swapping around to finalize the west group, AKA Too Much Sausage, and enable them to start raiding after the guild meeting last night.

Dire has switched to the east group with his priest to help fill in with healing for that group. One more and I think that team is good to go, though I'd like to see a few more in the roster to cover absentees.
"Rock is fine. Scissors are overpowered." - Paper
Maritime
UBER

Re: Cataclysm Raiding Roster

Postby Caoimhghin » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:07 am

Caoimhghin (Kevin) is my main (and only toon >40). He is speced as a tank right now and has his best gear there, but if needed I can try DPSing, I am just not as good with it and would need some equipment upgrades. I can raid most nights I believe and look forward to being a part of it. Raiding is where is at for me, the rest of the game gets stale after awhile running the same dailies and such (I still enjoy heroics with guildies but avoid them with PUGs).

I think that answers all the questions, let me know if you need any more info.

-Kevin
Caoimhghin
Wannabe

Postby Maritime » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:12 am

General schedule: 3 raiding nights/week, ~3 hours/raid.
Best days/start times: any 2 of Tues, Wed, Thurs at 8-9 server, Sun 7-9 server
Main toon: Maritime, Fury DPS. I would be willing to tank if we are short or need an off-tank, but after tanking most of the last expansion, would prefer to DPS.
Other toons: NA I won't be gearing/leveling alts for raiding. They are for guild achievements and professions.

Raid leader? I'd be happy to herd cats for my team, but in my experience I'm not a very good progression raid-leader, mostly because I just don't pay enough attention to the abilities of classes that are less awesome than warriors.
"Rock is fine. Scissors are overpowered." - Paper
Maritime
UBER

Postby Ricco » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:24 am

I'm just gonna copy Maritime's post:

General schedule: Any night after 6PM Server time (Except Wednesdays - 8-9PM Server for that)
Best days/start times: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday 6-7PM Server would be absolute BEST, but refer to previous response
Main toon: Ricco for now, Fire Mage
Other toons: I'm working on my warrior (Iniesta, 79 Fury ATM) and I'm considering making it my main, so for now I guess just put Ricco down as a spot filler.
Raid leader? I'm all for following directions and being a team player, but leading is not my thing.
Ricco
Super Saiyan

Postby tiney » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:11 am

Achileous prot pally is my main and is geared about as well as he can be without raid drops. Ret off spec with descent gear but not as good at dps. I can switch to my druid Kurass for healing if we are short there.Still working on his gear but may be close enough to to try. Also have a boomkin offspec.
Most nights are fine for me. Would prefer an earlier start 7 or 7:30 server. Later would work but don,t really want to be raiding past 11 server during the summer. Anything is good right now. 350 gear lvl on the pally and 340 on the druid.
tiney
W00tacul@r

Postby Seamile » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:30 am

General schedule: Mon - Thu 5PM - 8PM Server Time would be ideal, but a 6PM Server Time would be fine. Some Fri/Sun slots would be possible. If we can't get an early group together, then I will just take the earliest of the later (confused, I am).
Best days/start times: Tue/Wed/Thu starting at either 5PM or 6PM Server Time (7/8 PM EST) and raiding 2 - 3 hours per would be ideal
Main toon: Seamile, MM or SV Hunter.
Other toons: None worth mentioning.
Raid leader? I would rather not, but could fill in occasionally if required.

NOTE, I am away Jan 12 - Jan 22. Vegas & Colorado, booyah.
Last edited by Seamile on Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seamile
W00tacul@r

Postby Widgets » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:50 am

General schedule: Mon thru Thurs 7:45PM Server time (8:45PM Central Time)

Main toon: Wannabe - Resto or Ele (both specs are about equal). I need to figure out my target amount of Spirit to feel comfortable healing, but raid healing I should be good, not so much for MT healing.
Other toons: I have not started leveling any of my other toons yet as I'm still questing on my shaman.
Raid leader? I'm all for following directions and being a team player, but will be more than willing to lead after I know the fights.
Widgets
UBER

Location: If I was up your ass kicking field goals you'd know!!!

Postby Hacksaw54 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:52 am

General schedule: Tues/Thurs/Sun. 8-11 server
Best days/start times: Tues/Thurs/Sun. 8-11 server, could potentially change out Thursday night however Fri/Sat is out.
Main toon: Hacksawdug (Resto main spec, Elemental off spec but its pretty legit ;)
Other toons: Bartelby (DK Unholy DPS, lvl 85), Stbartelby (Priest Disc healing, lvl 80). Would love to raid on the DK but I see that as a pipe dream, Priest more likely once he levels and gears but at that point your trading one healer for another with my toons so whatever works best for raid composition.
Raid leader? I'm all for following directions and being a team player, but leading is not my thing. If i start leading I'll start getting gkicked its a deficiency with my personality ;)
Last edited by Hacksaw54 on Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hacksawdug - shaman, jewelcrafter, blacksmith
Bartelby - death knight, mining, enchanting
Stbartelby - priest, tailoring, inscription
Hacksaw54
Wannabe

Postby Deeb » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:56 am

Main Toon: Totimmy
Main Spec(s): Resto mainly but raid ready as enhance / elemental as well.
Availability: Any nights after 7 server except Friday and Saturday.
Role Preference: Making mistakes and blaming other people for it (re: gongs), or asking other people wtf is going on (re: halfus).
Deeb
UBER

Postby Kordic » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:22 pm

Best days/start times: Open availability.
Main toon: Kordic, Fury or arms DPS. Experienced tank as well but currently do not have a set or spec for it. Tanking for upwards of 5-6 years takes it out of you :X
Kordic is raid ready 13-14k sustainable dps currently. 344ilvl
Other toons: I am working on my shaman. elemental type. currently lvl 81. Druid thunderchicken type lvl 80. Hunter Beastmaster type lvl 70.....4 i think :X Paladin Protection/Ret type lvl 71
Kordic
Wannabe

Next

Return to Recruiting