Nocturne's Application

Applications and recruitment information.

Nocturne's Application

Postby Nocturne » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:37 am

Firstly, I'd like to say that although I know guild recruitment is closed at the moment, I would still like to offer my position in your raiding dps repertoire as a Shadow Priest noticing that there aren't many in the guild. Here goes =)!

Main Character Information

Name: Nocturne with a norwegian o (Ø) (code is alt 0216)
Class: Priest
Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/azjolnerub/nøcturne/simple
Spec: Shadow
/Played?: 73 days 6 hours 57 minutes
Professions: Tailoring 503/525 Enchanting 506/525
450 First Aid?: Umm, isn't it 525 First Aid you should be asking? and it's at 500 because I'm using cloth on my tailoring rather than healing since I can just cast that stuff up lol.
Briefly describe your play style, and why you chose your current spec: I chose the Shadow spec when I turned 70 back in BC when I was looking for a fun spec to play priests as. As looked-down upon for its lack of dps, I loved its utility values and it has hooked in me to stay as a strong dpser ever since. I've gone through all the changes Shadow Priests have gone through and overall I would say that my play style is that of a strong yet cautious and wary raider. I know my raid fights extraordinarily well and memorized before boss fights. The rest is up to which traits a guild likes best I guess...

In order to help the raid be successful, would you be willing to respec? Definitely, although I doubt there is a lack of healers in this guild (and because guild recruitment is closed lol).

Experience

How old are you?: 19 years
When did you start playing WoW?: When Vanilla ended up until mid-Wrath. Took a year off and came back as of December 2010.
What Pre-WotLK raid content have you sucessfully completed?
-Karazhan, Gruul's, Magtheridon, Tempest Keep, SSC and Black Temple

What raid content have you successfully completed thus far in WotLK?
1/2 of Ulduar, Maly, OS, ICC but not LK, and the rest of incompleted raids are due to my leave of WoW for a year.

About you
I'm quite sociable and ready to help guild members out for anything whether it be farming or questing help. I'm quite a motivated PvE-er when I'm online so I always push for Heroics to get faction rep, item upgrades and valor/justice points. I also like PvP every now and again. In addition, and most importantly, I absolutely love raiding. The challenge I get from raiding is like no other branch that WoW can offer. Generally, I'm pretty easy to get along with, I'm outgoing and always helpful for class discussions, quests and other miscellaneous demands that pique my interest or make me laugh.

How many hours per week do you play WoW?
After I take care of homework, I guess I could say that I generally play between 25-30 hours more or less.

What time of day do you generally play?
Around 4:00 server to 12:00 server or until the raid finishes if it pushes further

What other guilds have you been in and what were your reasons for leaving?
I've been through a number of guilds since the creation of this character and most of my reasons for leaving were mainly for raid progression standstills. It seems trendy these days in Cata to announce a guild that will soon be "getting ready to become a hardcore raiding guild" but never end up doing anything or never live up to what they are advertising. And since I've been in guilds which cleared relatively difficult raids, Black Temple among a few, I have a hard time falling back into the noob pit since my return haha!

Are you able to farm for repair gold, guild materials, pots, and food during non-raid hours?
Definitely

Are you able to install and operate mods like Omen, and Deadly Boss Mods, as well as use TeamSpeak?
I am able to operate those mods, but I don't necessarily use them all. I use DBM and could install TeamSpeak, but I prefer the Blizzard Threat addon than Omen to be honest.

Would you consider yourself a leader in 5-man groups - marking targets, explaining encounters, and assigning responsibilities to group members? Or do you prefer a support role, and would rather listen to instructions?
I am up to do both and becoming a hotshot madmouth only pisses people off, especially for a guild which has been running as long as this one. I am generally a listener and do well at that, but I am able to offer advice and new ways of seeing encounters and explanations.

Are you willing to work with the guild’s class leaders to increase your overall raid performance?
Of course! I am constantly working on improving myself both IN REAL LIFE (believe it or not =O) and to keep myself from not being a braindead Wrath dpser who facerolls. In other words, I'd be happy to meet the class leader if necessary =).

Do you currently, or are you willing to research your class role in an encounter prior to a scheduled raid?
Deffs.

What are your raiding goals in WoW?
Ummm, Epics? Isn't that reason enough?

Oh yeah, and achievements and raid progression is pretty chill with me, too =)

Hardware specs

The content this guild is currently raiding requires that all members of the raid have a stable internet connection, and be able to maintain an acceptable frame rate (10-15 FPS absolute minimum during heavy combat). Please list your:

CPU speed: 4Go
System memory: 500 Go
Video card model and memory: A really good one with a lot of letters and numbers
Connection type and speed: Very Fast Wireless

Thanks for looking at this application although recruitment isn't necessarily offered at this point in time. However, I do hope I changed your mind for the time being =)
See you in game,
Nocturne
Nocturne
Hellwarrior

Re: Nocturne's Application

Postby Direshadow » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:05 pm

Thanks for your application. As stated we are not recruiting at this time. Welcome back to WoW and we wish you the best in finding a guild that fits your needs.
Direshadow
3rd World IT Staff

Return to Recruiting