Volrath's Application

Applications and recruitment information.

Volrath's Application

Postby Volrath » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:53 pm

Main Character Information

Name: Volrath / Beleren / Tivadar
Class: Death Knight / Mage / Paladin
Armory: Volrath / Beleren / Tivadar
Spec: Frost 2H DPS / Arcane / Protection
Off-Spec (if applicable): Blood Tank / N/A / Holy
/Played?: 23 days + / 6 days + / 5 days +
/Played at 85?: 3 days + / 1 day+ / 8 hours +
Professions: JC - mining / alch - herb / blacksmith - mining
Maxed First Aid?: yes / yes / no
Briefly describe your play style, and why you chose your current spec:
I would describe myself as a former hardcore player now down to somewhere between hardcore and casual. I play around 3-4 hours on weekday evenings and around 8 each day on weekends. I'd like to be able to start enjoying some of the new raid content as I enjoyed raiding in WOTLK (as my DK).

In order to help the raid be successful, would you be willing to respec?
Yes. I have 3 level 85s, working on a shadow priest at 60 and starting a rogue soon (once I finish getting heirlooms). I'll play whatever you guys are in need of the most, though I may not have the gear for that given spec right now. :)

Experience
As a raider, I raided back in the 40-man days of vanilla in Molten Core and didn't raid again until WOTLK, where I did Naxx and progression into Ulduar.

How old are you?: 29, I'll be 30 in May. :)
When did you start playing WoW?: Closed Beta, many many moons ago...
What Pre-Cataclysm raid content have you successfully completed?
Naxx 10 at 100%, the majority of Molten Core, Naxx 25 and Ulduar 10/25.

What raid content have you successfully completed thus far in Cataclysm?
None. :)

About you
Web developer by day, WoW addict the rest of the time, at least right now. I'm a pretty big nerd in general as I like video games, anime, etc. but I also enjoy history (especially alternate history discussions), talking soccer and football, and continuing to teach myself Japanese.

How many hours per week do you play WoW?
Around 35 total, probably 40 or so max.

What time of day do you generally play?
6-10 EST on weeknights, all throughout the day on weekends.

What other guilds have you been in and what were your reasons for leaving?
My first guild was a PVP guild on Bleeding Hollow called Sturmgrenadier. I played with them for quite a while, but I left when they were not really too interested in doing PVE content (and PVP content at the time was non-existant). I eventually joined a guild called Vae Victus and got my first raid experience doing Molten Core. I left them when I quit playing WoW for a while. When I returned, I played on Eldre'thalas with friends and joined a guild called Darkside. I was a Death Knight class leader with them and raided quite a bit. I got pretty burnt out on WoW in general and quit, and have returned now in Cataclysm. Enjoying my time in KOTR so far. :)

Are you able to farm for repair gold, guild materials, pots, and food during non-raid hours?
Not a problem.

Are you able to install and operate mods like Omen, and Deadly Boss Mods, as well as use TeamSpeak?
Already use all of the above.

Timely communication is very important while raiding. Are you able and willing to actually speak over TeamSpeak when needed, and conversely, to refrain from speaking when we need to keep TeamSpeak clear?
Once again, not a problem.

Would you consider yourself a leader in 5-man groups - marking targets, explaining encounters, and assigning responsibilities to group members? Or do you prefer a support role, and would rather listen to instructions?
Generally I prefer a support role, though, as class leader in the past, I do enjoy helping other people with specs, gear, etc.

Are you willing to work with other members in the guild of the same class/spec to increase your overall raid performance?
Yes, see above. :)

Do you currently, or are you willing to research your class role in an encounter prior to a scheduled raid?
Have not raided in Cataclysm really, so I have not done so yet, but I have done so in the past. Avid reader of Elitist Jerks. ;)

What are your raiding goals in WoW?
To see and down the new content and have a good time doing it.

Hardware specs

CPU speed: Intel i7 @ 2.67GHz
System memory: 6GB
Video card model and memory: GeForce GTX 295
Connection type and speed: Cable

Thanks!
Volrath
Zorock

Return to Recruiting