Rasmashong Holy Pally

Applications and recruitment information.

Rasmashong Holy Pally

Postby ras » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:46 am

Welcome to the Knights of the Runes application page. KoTR currently operates 3 separate 10-man raiding groups, each with their own schedules and leaders. If accepted, the group you are assigned to may depend on your availability. Applicants who cannot raid during these times are still encouraged to apply, as these schedules are flexible and are often subject to change. Please answer the following questions to the best of your ability and an officer will contact you in game as soon as possible.

Main Character Information

Name:Rasmashong
Class:Paladin
Armory: http://www.wowprogress.com/character/us ... Rasmashong
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... ong/simple
Spec:Holy
Off-Spec (if applicable):Prot but not serious
/Played?:25days
/Played at 85?:17days
Professions:Alchemy 525/ Jewelcrafting 525
Maxed First Aid?:Y
Briefly describe your play style, and why you chose your current spec:
I enjoy playing classes or specs that aren’t just /faceroll . I just got into WOW in January and I liked the paladin as I had the opportunity to explore DPS, Tank and healer with one 85 (as this was my first toon). I leveled as DPS/Tank but once I hit 85 I went to Holy as my guild was short healers. I have really enjoyed healing as it can be pretty intense and challenging.

In order to help the raid be successful, would you be willing to respec? yes

Experience
I’ve taken down all but Nef in the pre-firelands content since I actually started raiding in June. In firelands my 10 man has only taken down Shannox (that’s why I’m looking to move on). I have researched and attempted Lord Rhyolith and Allyrazor and am happy to put in the time to learn and fight/strat.
How old are you?:38
When did you start playing WoW?:Post cat, this January
What Pre-Cataclysm raid content have you successfully completed?
ICC but shouldn’t count as it was at OPlevel just to get title and achievements

What raid content have you successfully completed thus far in Cataclysm?
I’ve taken down all but Nef in the pre-firelands content since I actually started raiding in June. In firelands my 10 man has only taken down Shannox (that’s why I’m looking to move on). We’ve working on Rhyolith (steering fail by melee)and Allyrazor.

About you
I’m a scientist by trade. Love strat games in general. Played a bunch of computer RPGs, also Diablo, played MTG seriously for a couple years. Friend at work was hardcore into wow and got me started.
How many hours per week do you play WoW? Probably at least 20h. I currently have 3 x 3h raid nights. I’m generally on before work to do dailys and my transmutes and level alts. Since my progression team has sucked I also run enough zg/zas to max my valor for purchases.

What time of day do you generally play?
8-11pm EST ~3 nights a week raiding and some on off nights as well as some on sat/sun morns.
What other guilds have you been in and what were your reasons for leaving?
Darkness Falls (dissolved/server x-fer), currently in coup de grace love the ppl but frustrated with lack of progression in raid group.
Are you able to farm for repair gold, guild materials, pots, and food during non-raid hours?
Yep

Are you able to install and operate mods like Omen, and Deadly Boss Mods, as well as use TeamSpeak?
Yes, I currently run grid, DBM, GTFO, bartender etc.
Currently use DBM, Grid, Bartender, GTFO, Gatherer. We use ventrilo but can’t imagine TeamSpeak woulud be an issue.

Timely communication is very important while raiding. Are you able and willing to actually speak over TeamSpeak when needed, and conversely, to refrain from speaking when we need to keep TeamSpeak clear? Certainly.

Would you consider yourself a leader in 5-man groups - marking targets, explaining encounters, and assigning responsibilities to group members? Or do you prefer a support role, and would rather listen to instructions? As healer I generally don’t take the lead in 5man (leaving it to the tank) but I speak up if it is clear the group is struggling.

Are you willing to work with other members in the guild of the same class/spec to increase your overall raid performance? Definitely. More experienced players are always a great resource, whether in guild, out of guild, forums etc.

Do you currently, or are you willing to research your class role in an encounter prior to a scheduled raid?
Yes I try to keep up on my class in forums ie. Elitistjerks.com and through discussions with other players.
What are your raiding goals in WoW?
Progression through all tier content before new content is rolled out.
Did someone from the guild refer you to the site or encourage you to apply? If so, who?

Do you know anyone else in the guild (either IRL or in-game) that can vouch for you?

Hardware specs

• AMD Athlon II X3 445 3.1ghz
• Gigabit motherboard
• 8GB ramv
• Sapphire Radeon HD 5770 1GB CPU, motherboard, and memory
Connection type and speed: cable internet (Comcast) 3up/10down
ras
Hellwarrior

Re: Rasmashong Holy Pally

Postby Direshadow » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:21 pm

Thank you for applying to Knights of the Runes, Rasmashong. We will review your application and contact you in game within the next few days. Since it is a holiday weekend it may not be until Tuesday.
Direshadow
3rd World IT Staff

Return to Recruiting