Guild Wars 2 Shiz

Anything anyone wants to be public.

Guild Wars 2 Shiz

Postby Zaden » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:14 pm

Figured I'd start a Guild Wars 2 discussion thread here, to help not clutter up the shout box, etc. etc.

It's a great game, very fun, but it kind of sucks when there is nobody to do anything with. Which is why I want to get an idea of everyone who plays this game, (in the current guild I've been in, the only activity the past few weeks have been my brother and I, and occasionally one random person every few days.)

You can still add friends cross server with no problem, so I'd figure sharing account names/numbers, (Whatever the frig it is called) would be the best thing to do for now.

My account thingy is: Tickleman.1069

(Once guesting gets introduced, and players can play cross server easily, having each other on friend's list will make coordinating stuff much easier.)

Update: I just noticed server transfers are free right now. We should totally decide a server to form up on.
Zaden
UBER

Re: Guild Wars 2 Shiz

Postby Ricco » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:12 pm

I'm plaaaayinnggg! Kaiba.8096 is my thing.
Ricco
Super Saiyan

Postby Direshadow » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:46 pm

I am not currently playing, but once I reach Paragon level 100 in D3 I might start again. Direshadow.2546 is my thing.

Edit: Now that there is a Mac client I may play more as well.
Direshadow
3rd World IT Staff

Postby Wiegraf » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:05 am

Oh hai.
Scuzzle.9864
Wiegraf
UBER

Postby Zaden » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:28 am

I'mma just post to say really quick...

Gate of Madness? More like, Gate of Badness!

Zaden
UBER

Postby Ricco » Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:44 pm

LAWLALWALWLAWLWALAWL TERRIBADNESS!
Ricco
Super Saiyan

Postby Zaden » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:24 am

We're back!

With a different layout. This blue color is ugly now and doesn't make me look like a blue poster anymore...

I'm going back to black!

BTW, Halloween event on Guild Wars 2 rocked!

Here's a video of me climbing the Mad King's Clock Tower.

http://youtu.be/1G3rTjj95FI?hd=1
Zaden
UBER

Postby Lenina » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:14 pm

I'm considering trying out GW2. What server/faction do I need to roll on? And any tips for getting started?
Lenina
UBER

Postby Zaden » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:52 am

Most KotR peeps are on Yak's Bend. Though mostly anyone who plays is just me, my brother, and Ricco :P
Server transfers are free currently, with a 1 week cooldown, if you ever feel like changing servers.

There's no factions in Guild Wars 2, so pick any race you like. (with pvp, enemies are players from other servers, in the battleground zones dedicated to pvp, called world vs world.)

General tips for starting out... just know that there is literally no player competition in pve. You don't have to worry about players "stealing your kills." or "stealing your gathering nodes."
Final tip: Enjoy the game at your own pace. The game is more about exploration and discovery, and there's no rush to level up, as there's really no typical "end game content."
Special temporary events (like Halloween, Christmas, etc.) are designed so players of all levels can participate in them, so there's no stressing about "Oh, I'm not a high enough level." for those temporary events.
Zaden
UBER

Return to Public